Sunday, November 4, 2007

NBC executive slams Apple for "killing music industry"

Look for the article called:NBC executive slams Apple for "killing music industry"

To read this story yourself, follow this link.

Everybody wants a piece of the monetary apple pie!
First of all, I don't think the music industry is near being killed. Call me naive but the last time I checked $15M was a substaintial amount of money for a company, especially when another company has done all the creating and inititation for you. This is a small part of NBC's revenue generating inititatives. Apple has provided the means and the vehicle is in place so people are going for a different way of gathering music. I think that we are paying too much for most everything in life. Sick of being gouged in present day society everywhere you turn, consumers are looking for a break where they can get it. I don't know how many times, I've bought a cd and have liked only 1 or 2 songs on the whole thing. There are cd burners, ipods and computers so why wouldn't people make their own musical ensamble? Zucker is a big baby for whining about only getting $15M in revenue from Apple for itunes.

You stratch my back and I'll sratch yours...mmm what?!
As if NBC representative Jeff Zucker didn't sound ridiculous enough whining about the poor sales..(a measly $15M), he in no uncertain terms went over the line by complaining that Apple had not given NBC a cut of their iPod hardware sales. What the heck is going through that man's head? How did he ever get to the position of where he is? How could he even imagine that NBC deserves a cut of Apples hardware? That statement is dripping with pure greed and is totally irrational.

People seem to like it...
Although I don't have an iPod myself yet, everywhere I look I see people with them. They are much more practical for anyone who likes to exercise to music. New technology has improved and while running on the treadmil you don't have to worry about where to put your cd player. The iPod is compact and easy to handle. iTunes are affordable and I like the concept. Apple has a piece of gold in their possession. Their executives must be sitting back laughing at NBC and Zucker at this very moment. I do believe it is the consumer who ultimately continues to decide which products serve them the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. I do have an ipod myself.... this Zucker guy needs to wake up to the real world...does he REALLY think he can take on Apple when the rest of the world loves them... as you said, the consumer is the ultimate judge anyway. Well written blog again! You need to be working in PR and marketing !! Keep 'em coming.