Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Eve Before Christmas


Today is the official start of the holiday season.  Those of us who celebrate Christmas are likely spending time with family and friends.  The children are excited, they've written their letters for Santa Claus asking for their most desired presents, and can't wait for his arrival.  Tonight will be a night that parents will likely struggle to get those little ones to sleep.  The last resort will be telling them that if they don't go to sleep, "Santa will not come".  That one will be guaranteed to work.

Christmastime is also the end of one year and the beginning of another.  There is much reflection of 2009 - with a hope for a better 2010.  For myself, I am glad to see 2009 end.  This past year has been a difficult year.  My father has not been well and that has been a big worry.  2009 also took with it many lives, some close, some acquantances, and some celebrities. 

The next week or so, I will be enjoying some time off work.  I look forward to a much needed rest and spending time with my family and friends.  I wish everyone a joyous holiday season and a prosperous New Year. In a famous poem called "Twas the Night Before Christmas" Santa would say, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

2 comments:

Matthew.67 said...

It has definately been a time to reflect upon the year that has just passed, our own personal victories and the inevitable course that life must take. It is time we witness changes to our lives and history as we get older, wiser and slip through the passeges of time.

We have seen the first African American President, a new era of hope,incredible new frontiers of Space exploration, people coming together for a common good, bettering ourselves, helping one another... we all should be thankful for each precious day that we have together.

2009 above all for me, will be the year that I found you again. You really have no idea how much comfort that brings, because now I feel like I am home again. That is something that I will always be thankful for...

I now wonder what the next 40 yrs will bring.....

Merry Christmas Lisa to you and your family.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.