Monday, December 14, 2009

Who Knew Sheep Herding Could Be Extreme

Although, I realize that sheep herding is a talent and an art, I would never have believed what I saw this week.  A group of Welsh sheep herders have made an astonishing video at night of sheep dressed up in LED coats. From an ariel view it resembles a game of computer ping pong with so much more. 

This video was extra amazing to me because my mother's family is from Wales and I have been fortunate enough to take more than a few trips there.  I love the countryside and the people.  My grandmother is gone now and it's hard to say when and if I will be back to Wales again.  I'd like to think I would make another trip over someday.  On most all of my trips to Wales, I had the pleasure of driving up into the mountains to witness a fantastic view.  Things are so green there and the sheep and horses roam freely. 

One time, I visited the mountains with my neice.  When we got in the car and started to drive away, I noticed I had lost my camera case to which my neice replied, "it's with the sheep now".  That was such a funny moment.

I hold many fond memories of Wales and now I have seen sheep herding at it's finest.

1 comment:

Matthew.67 said...

I learn something new about you everyday. You are really surprising me Lisa. ;)