Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Loss of Someone

Earlier this year, I wrote about walking in the CIBC "Run for the Cure".  I have been part of a team called Ann's Army for two years now.  Earlier today, I learned that our fearless leader has lost her battle with cancer.  Sadly, Ann passed away last night after just a few months of learning this horrible disease was invading her body yet again.

I worked with Ann.  She was a wonderful lady who always had a smile to share, a sparkle in her eyes, and a kind word to say. Even though she had endured much pain and suffering, Ann kept a positive outlook.

My day was somber as I drifted back and forth in thought of Ann and her family.  She will be sorely missed.

1 comment:

Matthew.67 said...

I remember when we talked about Ann, and was totally amazed at all the support that she recieved by people joining together in a unified cause. It shows the bravery and triumph of the human spirit that is within us all.. and especially her.

To leave this world at an early age is never something that we can accept easily,it does make us cherish what time we do have together. Good memories stay with us always, as well as the character of the person and how they can touch our lives in so many ways.

Ann was definately one of those people.